- 11 Jun 2018
FOI reference: FOI/18/01462
Date received: 11 May 2018
Date responded: 7 June 2018
Average speeds on the following stretches of road between 0800-1000hrs and 1600-1800hrs:
- J1A M9 to J1 M90 Eastbound and Westbound (from when Queensferry Crossing opened til May 2018)
- J1 to J1A on M90/A90 Northbound and Southbound (from when Queensferry Crossing opened til May 2018)
- J 1 A to J 1 B on M90 Northbound and Southbound (from when Queensferry Crossing opened til May 2018)
- J1 B to J2 on M90 Northbound and Southbound (from when Queensferry Crossing opened til May 2018) *J10 M90 to A9 Broxden Northbound and Southbound (for past 12 months)
- A9 Broxden to A9 lnveralmond Northbound and Southbound (for past 12 months)
- A9 89177 junction to Kessock Bridge Northbound and Southbound (for past 12 months)
- A96 Thainstone junction to A96 Blackhall Northbound and Southbound (for past 12 months)
- 1 to J3 M8 Eastbound and Westbound (for past 12 months)
- Junction with A73 to M73 (for past 12 months)
As the information you have requested is 'environmental information' for the purposes of the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs), we are required to deal with your request under those Regulations. We are applying the exemption at section 39(2) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA), so that we do not also have to deal with your request under FOISA.
This exemption is subject to the 'public interest test'. Therefore, taking account of all the circumstances of this case, we have considered if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption. We have found that, on balance, the public interest lies in favour of upholding the exemption, because there is no public interest in dealing with the same request under two different regimes. This is essentially a technical point and has no material effect on the outcome of your request.
In response to your request please see attached Annex A which is the average speeds for the stretches of roads requested. Please note that due to a series of Queensferry Crossing Opening events in September 2017, which included some short term closures, the results for that corridor have been provided from 1 October 2017. Data has been provided for weekdays only due to interest in traditional peak times.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House