- 21 May 2018
FOI reference: FOI/18/01147
Date received: 17 April 2018
Date responded: 16 May 2018
For the First Minister's recent visit to China:
1. What was the First Minister's detailed Itinerary? 24/7
2. What was the schedule of meetings?
3. What was the subject or purpose of the meetings?
4. Who attended the meetings?
5. What agreements or commitments were made on behalf of the Scottish electorate?
Requests 1-3, 5
The First Minsiter's visit to China between 9 and 13 April aimed to strengthen the growing economic, cultural and educational links between Scotland and the world's second-largest economy.
I have attached at Annex A a breakdown of the First Minister's programme for the visit.
In terms of more detail on the First Minister's programme, including on the subjects and purposes of her engagements and announcements made, this can be found on the news section of her official webpage at: https:firstminister.gov.scot/news/..
Under section 25(1) of FOISA, we do not have to give you information which is already reasonably accessible to you.
The First Minister was variously supported in her engagements by the following individuals:
- Private Secretary
- 3x in country Scottish Affairs Office officials
- 2x Special Advisers
- 2x International Division Officials
- 2x Visits and Events Officials
- 1x Energy Official
- 2x Communications Officers
- Various SDI officials in country, including Asia-Pacific Director and Greater China Director
- 1x Historic Environment Scotland Official
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House