- 17 May 2018
FOI reference: FOI/18/00885
Date received: 21 March 2018
Date responded: 3 April 2018
Details of any reports of cyber-security breaches in the Scottish Government within the last 12 months. We subsequently asked for clarification on the term 'cyber-security breach'; you clarified that this referred to the following categories:
- Loss of data as a result of a successful cyber attack
- Successful cyber attack on an SG system
- Malware, virus, Trojan, etc infection
1. The core Scottish Government has not lost any information as a result of a cyber attack in the last 12 months.
2. There have been no successful cyber attacks on core Scottish Government systems in the last 12 months.
3. There have been no reported virus outbreaks or instances of malware or Trojans on core Scottish Government systems in the last 12 months.
NB 'core Scottish Government' refers to all Scottish Government Directorates and does not cover Executive Agencies, Executive Non-Departmental Public Bodies, Non-Ministerial Departments or other associated bodies.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House