- 3 Apr 2018
FOI reference: FOI/18/00755
Date received: 23 February 2018
Date responded: 23 March 2018
Could you please provide the following information:
1. The current amount paid monthly to NTS for the rental of
2. Historic rental figures for Bute House 1999-2018.
3. Details of who is liable for cost of structural repairs to
1. The annual cost of the lease paid to the National Trust for Scotland is £70,000 plus VAT (currently charged at 20%).
2. The cost of the lease for the time period requested is:
1999 – 2004: £0
2005 – 2018: £70,000 plus VAT (charged at three different rates during this time period). This change was part of an agreement negotiated post-devolution and was applied with effect from 01 April 2005.
3. The Scottish Government is liable for all costs of repairs at
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House