Click 'Accept all cookies' to agree to all cookies that collect anonymous data.
To only allow the cookies that make the site work, click 'Use essential cookies only.' Visit 'Set cookie preferences' to control specific cookies.
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
FOI reference: FOI/18/00755 Date received: 23 February 2018 Date responded: 23 March 2018
Could you please provide the following information:
1. The current amount paid monthly to NTS for the rental of Bute House.
2. Historic rental figures for Bute House 1999-2018.
3. Details of who is liable for cost of structural repairs to Bute House.
1. The annual cost of the lease paid to the National Trust for Scotland is £70,000 plus VAT
(currently charged at 20%).
2. The cost of the lease for the time period requested is:
1999 – 2004: £0
2005 – 2018: £70,000 plus VAT (charged at three different rates during this time period). This change
was part of an agreement negotiated post-devolution and was applied with effect from 01 April 2005.
3. The Scottish Government is liable for all costs of repairs at Bute House.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government St Andrew's House Regent Road Edinburgh EH1 3DG