- 1 Feb 2018
FOI reference: FOI/18/00070
Date received: 10 January 2018
Date responded: 30 January 2018
You asked the Scottish Government the following questions in relation to Greener Scotland marketing delivered by the Scottish Government Marketing team:
- Please can you confirm when the Greener Scotland Advertising contract was last tendered and how long the maximum contract period was for?
- If the previous contract period has already expired, when will the contract be tendered again?
- What is the proposed expenditure on Greener Scotland marketing in the 2018-19 financial year?
- What Greener Scotland campaign activity is currently being worked on?
- When were those campaigns briefed and to which agency?
The answer to your questions are:
1. The date of issue of the last tender for Greener Scotland Advertising was 07 June 2013. The contract award period was from 2 July 2013 to 01 July 2016, which included 2 extension periods of 12 months.
2. We are currently identifying Greener Scotland Advertising campaign requirements based on Ministerial priorities and commitments within Scottish Government's Programme for Government 2017-18. Advertising budgets are yet to be agreed for 2018-19. Subject to confirmation of these requirements and associated budgets, the Greener Advertising contract will be tendered to all agencies currently on Creative Services Framework ref SP-16-008
3. In line with the answer provided above, expenditure for the Greener Scotland Advertising will be confirmed subject to requirements based on Ministerial priorities and commitments within Scottish Government's Programme for Government 2017-18.
4. At present there is currently one contract in place to deliver Greener Scotland activity:
- Marketing Services Framework (MSF) 2013 – Greener – Digital
5. MSF 2013 – Greener – Digital was tendered on 22 April 2016 and the contract was awarded to Whitespace on 03 June 2016.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House