FOI reference: FOI/17/02833
Date received: 22 November 2017
Date responded: 20 December 2017
1. Relating to a previous FOI response where you were informed "In April 2008 inspection information prior to this change has been deleted."
You have requested any information related to the decision to delete inspection information prior to April 2008. You have requested to know what the rationale behind the decision was and who took the decision.
2. In relation to an announcement by John Swinney MSP, Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills, on 3 October 2017 that "Information on individual schools inspected was not collated or retained centrally until after an internal audit recommendation in March 2006". You have requested a copy of the full internal audit referred to.
3. You have requested any correspondence since 1 September 2017 between Education Scotland and the Scottish Government relating to inspection information being deleted or relating to the article that appeared in TES Scotland magazine on 29 September which reported on Education Scotland's response to FOI/17/01775.
1. Education Scotland does not hold any information related to the decision to delete inspection information prior to April 2008. This is a formal notice under section 17(1) that Education Scotland does not hold the information you have requested.
2. The full and final internal audit report for the predecessor body, HM Inspectorate of Education, from March 2006 is not in the possession of Education Scotland. This is a formal notice under section 17(1) that Education Scotland does not hold the information that you have requested.
3. Please find attached communication between Scottish Government and Education Scotland relating to inspection information being deleted or relating to the article that appeared in TES Scotland on 29 September. A Ministerial Submission entitled "School Inspection - retention of inspection dates" dated 27 September falls partly within the scope of this request and is enclosed. However, part of the submission has been redacted.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
FOI-17-02833 - related documents.pdf
- File type
- 4 page PDF
- File size
- 133.4 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback