- 29 Jun 2017
FOI reference: FOI/17/01241
Date received: 2 June 2017
Date responded: 28 June 2017
1. How many applications for (a) basic, (b) standard, (c) enhanced and (d) for PVG levels of disclosure from Orchard and Shipman (Glasgow) Limited in 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17?
2. How many applications for (a) basic, (b) standard, (c) enhanced and (d) for PVG levels of disclosure from Serco in respect of its COMPASS contracts for asylum seeker support services in Scotland, in 2016/17?
3. Are Orchard and Shipman (Glasgow) Limited or Serco registered with Disclosure Scotland generally or in terms of its PVG membership scheme, specifying if possible is such registration or membership is for or includes both companies' asylum seeker support services in Scotland since September 2012?
1. Disclosure Scotland have received no applications for any level of disclosure from Orchard and Shipman (Glasgow) Limited in any of the years from 2012/13 through to 2016/17.
2. Disclosure Scotland have received applications for disclosures from Serco related companies in 2016/17. However, we are not able to ascertain if any of these relate to its COMPASS contracts for asylum seeker support services in Scotland as this information is not held by the agency. The overall number of disclosures applied for by Serco and related companies are listed in the table below.
Number of applications for disclosures by Serco and related companies in 2016/17 by disclosure type
|Organisation Name||Basic Disclosure||Enhanced Disclosure||Standard Disclosure||PVG|
|SERCO LISTENING CO LTD||345||0||0||0|
Note: Figures rounded to nearest 5
x-Result suppressed as figure may potentially identify individual(s)
3. Orchard and Shipman are listed as both a Responsible Body and a Registered Body in Disclosure Scotland's system. Only the Registered Body account is currently active (the Responsible Body account was closed in December 2016). There are multiple accounts for Serco and related companies. Disclosure Scotland are not able to ascertain if such membership is for, or includes, asylum seeker support services in Scotland as this information is not held by the agency. The information for Serco associated companies is listed in the table below.
|Organisation Name||Organisation Type Description||Status||Organisation Account Start Date||Organisation Account End Date|
|SERCO LTD||Registered Body||Closed||09/07/2002|
|SERCO LIMITED||Registered Body||Active||15/10/2002|
|SERCO HEALTH||Registered Body||Active||19/03/2015|
|SERCO LTD||Responsible Body||Active||12/02/2016||12/02/2026|
|SERCO TECHNICAL AND ASSURANCE SERVICES||Responsible Body||Closed||27/08/2009||12/09/2015|
|SERCO LISTENING CO LTD||Responsible Body||Active||14/05/2007|
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House