2. Orr, L. 'The Case for a Gendered Analysis of Violence Against Women' http://www.gov.scot/resource/doc/925/0063070.pdf
3. For an overview of a gender based analysis of domestic abuse see http://www.crfr.ac.uk/assets/briefing-69.pdf
4. In line with the UNCRC, we recognise the girl child as under 18, and in Scotland we recognise boys and girls as 'young people' 11-26. Evidence indicates this encompasses an age of significant risk for forms of gender based violence such as domestic abuse, FGM and forced marriage.
7. Recorded Crime in Scotland 2014-15 http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2015/09/5338
8. Criminal Proceedings in Scotland 2014/15 http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Crime-Justice/PubCriminalProceedings
9. Radford et al., 2011
10. Scottish Crime and Justice Survey 2012/13: Sexual Victimisation & Stalking http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2014/06/3479
13. SCRA statistics 1 April 2014-31 March 2015 http://www.scra.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SCRA-Statistical-Analysis-2014-15.pdf
17. See, for example, Humphreys and Houghton, 2008, http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2008/08/04112614/5
18. Houghton C., 2008, http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2008/08/04112614/7
19. Houghton C., 2008, http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2008/08/04112614/7
20. As of 1 March 2016, the UK has signed but not ratified the Convention. Nevertheless, the Scottish Government supports the principles and aspirations of it.
23. UK-wide Act
26. See References for summary of evidence sources.