- 1 Sep 2016
Contract status: in progress
Dates of contract: 1 September 2016 to 31 August 2020
Category: ICT Networks - national
The aim of this framework is to maximise efficiency and collaboration between public sector organisations, making full use of the opportunities that technology provides to support this.
The service will support the development of a collaborative environment of communications, where organisations can take advantage of a range of services from basic audio conferencing calls through to more advanced webcasting.
The range of solutions available should ensure ease of access for participants from any device (including mobile) and compatibility with existing equipment, systems and services.
What is in scope
The digital conferencing service includes:
- audio conferencing
- web conferencing
- video conferencing
Value add services, including:
- implementation management and support, including interoperability and federation services
- bespoke training
- support for conferencing events
What is out of scope
This is not a unified communications framework and so does not include:
- room-based video conferencing equipment
- mobile devices
- internet protocol (IP) telephony
- telephony hardware
- PSTN and mobile calls and minutes
Who can use this
The framework can be used by:
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector
- other public bodies
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in annex A of our guidance on framework agreements.
The benefits of the framework are:
- reduced duplication of procurement activity within the Scottish public sector
- easy to use single supplier framework allowing organisations to call off directly with no need for a mini competition
- standardised approach to terms and conditions
- clear route to market for all Scottish public sector organisations
- financial – reduced travel and subsistence expenses for organisations, competitive call charges and savings on conferencing services
- environmental – reduction of organisation's carbon emissions
- efficiency - improved user productivity, both in the office and when mobile
- provides opportunities for greater collaborative, flexible and remote working
- support digital transformation through improved organisational agility and communication tools across the public sector
See the attached buyer's guide for more information.
Information about pricing and terms and conditions for frameworks and contracts can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access this and are eligible to use the framework please complete the registration form and send it to the Scottish Procurement contact listed below.
David Box, senior portfolio specialist
Tel: 0141 242 0345