3. Section 3 of the Environmental Assessment (Scotland) Act 2005 defines the consultation authorities as Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) and Historic Scotland (HS)
4. Zero Waste Scotland (2018). DRS SEA Screening and Scoping Report
12. Capture Rates: The percentage of materials that is anticipated to be obtained into the example systems
15. The 25 year timeframe was revised for the preferred option to reflect the assumed first full year of operation.
16. The topics are: biodiversity; population; human health; fauna; flora; soil; water; air; climatic factors; material assets; cultural heritage, including architectural and archaeological heritage; landscape; and the inter-relationship between them.
17. The administrative costs of the scheme will be funded by producers – this will incentivise them to maximise performance of the scheme, as the more it costs to run, the more it will cost producers.
20. Any percentage figures shown refer to respondents who specifically addressed the SEA topic, and so should not be viewed as a percentage of the total number of responses received.
22. Scottish Government, Welsh Government, UK Government and the Northern Ireland Executive (2018), Principles for co-operation on deposit return, as agreed by Ministers from the UK, Welsh and Scottish Governments and representatives of the Northern Ireland Executive at the Deposit Return Scheme Summit on 5 July 2018.
23. Scottish Government (2013) Strategic Environmental Assessment Guidance.