Implementation and Monitoring
14. The HRS will be implemented in line with timescales set out in the 2015/16 NHS Chief Executive Letter on the Health Promoting Health Service as follows:
- NHS Boards will be expected to meet targets for all in-house retail outlets;
- Voluntary sector organisations will be asked by NHS National Services Scotland to meet targets for all voluntary sector-run retail outlets. Such outlets should be supported locally by NHS Boards to achieve the HRS; and
- NHS Boards will be required to have the HRS entrenched as a requirement in any contract they negotiate with any private sector retail outlet.
15. The HRS will have in place a monitoring scheme run by the SGF Healthy Living Programme to ensure that outlets who have the HRS continue to meet the scheme's criteria. Such quality assurance visits will be held at least once every two years.