Click 'Accept all cookies' to agree to all cookies that collect anonymous data.
To only allow the cookies that make the site work, click 'Use essential cookies only.' Visit 'Set cookie preferences' to control specific cookies.
in all other bodies that can award public contracts to which a PBA could be applied.
in other organisations providing procurement routes for the construction of public buildings and infrastructure.
4. A PBA as set out in the guidance must be included in procurement documents for public works contracts commencing procurement procedures from 19 March 2019 with an estimated award value at least in the following amounts:
£2,000,000 for building projects.
£5,000,000 for civil engineering projects.
5. Provisions for not deploying a PBA in the following circumstances have been removed:
where the main contractor undertakes to self-deliver a significant amount of the contract
where the PBA is unable to be opened for the early stages of a project on site.
6. The changes should be applied to contracts called off from existing framework agreements where allowed by the terms of the agreement. Where their application is discretionary under such agreements it is strongly encouraged where practicable.
7. Original PBA application thresholds and non-deployment provisions introduced by SPPN 10/2016 are extant until 18 March 2019. The changes do not apply to existing contracts or to procurement procedures underway by then.
8. Please bring this CPN to the attention of all those staff involved in the procurement of relevant construction projects.