Compliance plan template
A COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Compliance Plan should set out how you will meet the requirements under the Regulations.
A template is available for download in the supporting documents of this guide.
The plan should contain:
- details of the type of setting, contact name and date
- the planned process for checking the vaccine certificates
- details of your contingency plan in the event you experience any technical issues (for example, if you encounter any technical issues accessing the COVID Check App)
- how it aligns with other processes - e.g. ticket checks, ID/age checking, security checks, queue management, signage and staffing
- how it aligns with other Covid baseline measures/requirements - e.g. customer detail collection
- how you will encourage compliance with the scheme - e.g. upfront messaging to customers as part of ticket sales, posters on display in and around the premises, updating your website to explain what customers need to do
- if you operate a premises, how you will ensure only those who are permitted to remain in your premises beyond midnight remain inside - e.g. ensuring queue systems are in place and managed, giving people different wristbands upon entry, making announcements to pre-warn customers
Example questions to address in the plan
To support your plan, the questions below set out key areas to include:
- Have you read the Scottish Government guidance on Covid vaccine certification?
- How many entrances are going to be in operation?
- Where will the checks be carried out? e.g. at the main entry point, at an outer perimeter
- Which staff will be carrying out the checks?
- How many staff will be at each entrance/ checking point?
- Have staff been trained on how to use the COVID Check app and what to look out for?
- What is your contingency plan in the event staff experience technical issues with the COVID Check app? What have staff been advised to do?
- Do staff understand the different exemptions/ results the app may display?
- Are you using the Scottish Government app, or have you built your own system using the source code?
- Is there a process in place to verify staff are checking correctly?
- If not all entrants are being checked, what proportion of entrants are expected to be checked?
- How are staff selecting which individuals to spot check?
- What is the process if an individual does not have appropriate certification?
- Do you have queue management measures in place and signage on certification requirements?
- If you operate a premises, how will you ensure only those who are permitted to remain in your premises beyond midnight remain inside? e.g. ensuring queue systems are in place and managed, giving people different wristbands upon entry, making announcements to pre-warn customers
- How will you provide clear and up-to-date information to customers regarding entry requirements? e.g. communicating entry requirements on your website, as part of your ticketing information or visually displayed as part of any material you display outside your venue or event