Where we are now
Our updated Strategic Framework sets out how we plan to suppress the virus to a level consistent with alleviating its harms while we recover and rebuild for a better future'. This includes a planned further return to in-person learning and teaching. This will be kept under regular review, with decisions informed by the data on virus prevalence.
Scotland uses a level system and is in Level 0. Find out what you can do at Level 0.
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places and stay 1m away from other people
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- self-isolate and get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- download the Protect Scotland app
For more information see: Coronavirus in Scotland
At Level 0: there will be no physical distancing required in outdoor settings, and physical distancing of 1m in indoor settings. See Review of physical distancing in Scotland for more information.
See: Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Student Support for information that is specific to students.