Scottish Government Guidance
- General safer workplaces guidance has been developed for businesses and workplaces on reducing the risk of COVID-19 and supporting staff and customers.
- Ventilation: by taking measures to increase the volume of fresh air entering a building, such as opening windows, doors or vents or using appropriate mechanical systems, you can help minimise the risk of spreading COVID-19 to colleagues and customers. Please see the ventilation guidance for further details.
For good practice, we would encourage you to visit the websites of the following organisations. Their guidance will be updated following the publication of this guidance and links added in due course.
You should refer to the one that relates best to your business.
- UK Hospitality – for general hospitality businesses
- Association of Scotland’s Self Caterers
- National Caravan Council/British Holiday and Home Parks Association
- Association of Scottish Visitor Attractions
- Scottish Tourist Guides Association
- Night Time Industries Association – for nightclubs, music venues and similar premises.
- Coronavirus (Scotland) Act 2020
- Coronavirus (Scotland)(No. 2) Act 2020
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Requirements) (Scotland) Regulations 2021 (legislation.gov.uk)
Fair Work during the COVID-19 crisis
- Please see our Joint Statement with the STUC
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House