How to apply
Application route: national portal for Personal Assistants
The national portal opened on 30 June 2021. Personal Assistants who are eligible for the payment should make an online application by 25 August 2021.
Complete and submit the online form.
Only one form should be completed per Personal Assistant.
A dedicated helpline has been set up for PAs who are not able to complete the application online. Please call 0800 841 1321 if you need support with your application.
The form will be administered by Scotland Excel who will ask for all the information that is required as part of the payment process. However, because this is a new process we may request further evidence in order to validate the payment.
Once the form has been submitted and validated by Scotland Excel, a payment will be made to directly to the PA by Independent Living Fund Scotland.
Payments made will be fully funded to such an amount that, once employer National Insurance contributions (NICs), Apprenticeship Levy costs and any other employer costs are deducted in the usual way, eligible applicants will receive £500 pro rata before tax and national insurance or other eligible deductions.
1. Confirmation of eligibility criteria and legal declarations
Please read through the eligibility section of the guidance before submitting your application. Personal Assistants will need to confirm that they meet the eligibility criteria and acknowledge that they have read and understood the legal declarations.
2. The person completing the application
The individual completing the application will need to confirm if they are completing their own application, or on behalf of a Personal Assistant.
3. Details of the person completing the application
You will need to indicate if you are completing the application on behalf of Self Directed Support Scotland.
4. SDSS reference number
If you know your unique Self Directed Support Scotland reference number please enter it here.
5. More information on the person completing the application
If you are completing the application on behalf of a Personal Assistant, you will need to provide your full name and email address.
6. Declaration of authority
If you are completing the application on behalf of a Personal Assistant, you will need to confirm that you have the authority to complete the application on their behalf.
7. Personal Assistant information
You will need to provide the following information:
- the name of the Personal Assistant
- the home address of the Personal Assistant
- a contact email address for the Personal Assistant
- a contact phone number for the Personal Assistant
- the Personal Assistant's National Insurance Number
- the Personal Assistant's date of birth
- confirm if you are registered as male or female with HMRC
- details of any other health and social care £500 bonus the Personal Assistant may have received
8. Employment information
You will be asked to provide information on the current employment status of the Personal Assistant and confirm if the Personal Assistant is repaying a student loan.
Please note that if your application is approved, then for the purposes of this payment only, your employer will be referenced as 'ILF Scotland' rather than your normal employer.
9. Student loan status
If applicable, you will need to provide information on the Personal Assistant’s student loan.
10. Self-employed status
You will need to indicate if the Personal Assistant is registered as self-employed with HMRC.
11. Unique taxpayer reference
You will need to provide the Personal Assistant’s Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR), as registered with HMRC
12. Bank account details
You will need to provide the following information:
- full name of account holder
- the sort code of your bank account
- your account number
- if applicable, your building society reference number
- confirm how you would like to receive your payment (as one lump sum, or in instalments)
Please provide details of a UK bank account, we are not able to process payments to overseas accounts.
13. Payment calculation period
The Personal Assistant will need to select a four week calculation period during the qualifying period (17 March 2020 to 30 November 2020), to allow them to calculate the total hours they worked in that period.
14. Number of employers who are (or are acting for) social care support recipients
This is the number of individuals that the Personal Assistant provided care or support for during their specified four week calculation period.
Questions numbered 15 to 24 require the Personal Assistant to provide details of their employer(s) that they worked for during the calculation period. If the Personal Assistant has multiple employers, details of a maximum of five employers can be provided using the online portal. If the Personal Assistant worked for more than five individuals during the four week calculation period, please call the helpline on 0800 841 1321.
15. Employer information (who is (or is acting for) a social care support recipient)
The following information for the Personal Assistant’s employer(s) will need to be provided:
- the name of the care and support recipient
- the address and post code of the care and support recipient
- confirm if the care and support recipient is funded by Independent Living Fund Scotland
- confirm if the care and support recipient is funded by a local authority
- indicate if the Personal Assistant was employed by this individual on a full time or part-time basis during the claim period
- how often the Personal Assistant was paid by this employer during the 4 week claim period
If the Personal Assistant is unsure if either, Independent Living Scotland or a Local Authority funds their employer, they should check with their employer.
16. Total number of hours for employer
This is the total number of hours the Personal Assistant worked for their employer during the 4 week qualifying period they selected for question 13.
17 – 24. Employer Information and total hours for employers
If the Personal Assistant worked for multiple employers during the qualifying period, questions 17 – 24 will allow details for 4 more employers to be added.
25. Final checks
There will be an opportunity for you to check your answers before the application is submitted. You will need to confirm that the information you have provided is correct, and agree to the terms and conditions before submitting your application.
26. Submit application
Once the application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with a copy of your application from firstname.lastname@example.org. There will also be an opportunity to save a copy of your application.
The Personal Assistant should refer to the eligibility section of the guidance when completing the application.