A person is eligible:
- if they are directly paid by the social care support recipient or the person who is acting for a social care support recipient, who receives funds to pay Personal Assistants from Independent Living Fund Scotland or from a local authority or Health and Social Care Partnership through Option 1 Social Care (Self Directed Support) Act 2013
- if they worked over a continuous 4-week period between 17 March 2020 and 30 November 2020 - this is the qualifying period
- if they are a Personal Assistant for an adult, aged 16 years and over
Eligible individuals include those who:
- work full-time or part-time
- are subject to a permanent or temporary contract
- are subject to a zero hours or flexible employment contract
- work as a member of the shared lives scheme, managed by the Shared Lives Scheme, providing services to the supported person. Separate guidance has been provided for these carers and they will be paid by their Shared lives scheme. They should not apply here.
Under this guidance, it is only those support packages, which are already enabled by a local authority in Scotland or by the Independent Living Fund Scotland, which are eligible for the £500 payment to their staff.