Coronavirus (COVID-19): social care and community based testing guidance
Guidance on coronavirus testing for the social care sector.
This document is part of a collection
Training, guidance and the helpline
All staff should read the training and educational materials before carrying out the first test.
Essential training -Orient Gene LFD test kits
COVID-19 social care testing - Orient Gene webinar slides: September 2021
Lateral flow devices
A number of resources on using a lateral flow device are available at the NHS Education for Scotland website (login required). This includes slides, a video and posters.
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test
Guidance on using a PCR test is also available on the NHS learning resources website.
- Waste management adult and older people care homes LFD testing
- Visitor letter template, data privacy statement and consent template
- Welcoming visitors and explaining Lateral Flow Testing
- Care home visitor test results recording sheet
- Care home visitor testing: online workshop slide pack
A free helpline has gone live to provide advice for LFD and PCR testing.
- Tel: 0800 008 6587 available 09:00 to 17:00 every day.
- For hubs, please ring 0300 303 3020.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback