Test results and recording results
You should continue to record your LFD test result (positive, negative and void) on the Covid Testing and Registration Portal online
This helps us understand the number of people getting the Covid-19 and the impact of it on the sector.
Please remember to enter the LOT number on the if you are using the Orient Gene 7s. This is the 7 numbers on the packaging and not the ID number on the device.
Self-isolation/stay at home
Guidance for staff with respiratory symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test remains in place and can be found in Annex B of DL (2022) 32
The NHS have published more information for Adult social care staff.
COVID testing portal
Please make sure you register your details on the portal.
Once you have registered the system will remember you. This means that when you log in to record a test you only need to supply:
- the details of the test kit
- the time and date of the test
- the result.
Updating your details
You can view and edit your details if you are registered for the portal.
- you should use this if you have changed: your address
- your working location
New locations on the portal
New locations are added frequently. If you initially registered your location as ‘other’ you may find it is available now
Viewing your previous results
Click on "See previous results" after logging in.
Uploading multiple test results
You can now register a number of tests at once using the bulk upload page.
To do this you should download the spreadsheet on the LFT bulk upload page.
Please make sure you are using the spreadsheet “For Uploading Lateral Flow Test Results Only”.
There are some restriction to the bulk upload process.
- You can only upload 50 results at one time
- You can only upload the results of people taking the test for the same reason. For example you can upload a spreadsheet for all care home staff but you would need to upload a separate result for care home visitors.
- You cannot alter the spreadsheet in any way other than entering data in the correct fields. If you do this, it will not work. If an error message occurs please download the spreadsheet on the LFT bulk upload page and try again.
Bulk upload and your browser
Bulk upload works best if you are using the most up-to-date version of browsers such as Edge, Chrome of Firefox
We recommend you download one of these if you are using an older version of these or a different browser altogether.
If you’ve forgotten your password
You can change your password by logging in then following the instructions for the automated password reset.
Queries about the portal
If you need help using the portal, please call the helpline on 0800 008 6587
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback