Publication - Advice and guidance

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for personal assistants

Advice for social care personal assistants on how to access and use PPE.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for personal assistants
How to get PPE

How to get personal protective equipment (PPE)

If the routes you normally use to access PPE are unavailable, contact the Social Care PPE Support Centre on 0300 303 3020 and they can provide you with information about where to access PPE locally. This will usually be through a Hub that has been set up in your area.

The team will take you through a series of questions to understand your needs. When you go to collect the PPE from the Hub, or have it delivered to you, you will need to have a document which says you are a personal assistant.  This could take the form of the template document used as proof of key worker status (for movement and for shopping, etc).

If you don’t have a document like this, there are a number of different ways you can get one.  You can ask:

​​​​Templates are available from these contacts and they will be able to provide you with the document.