General advice includes:
- advice for unpaid carers who visit or live with a friend or family member to provide help with personal care such as washing or dressing can be accessed here Advice for carers living in the same household.
- wash your hands. It is important that you ensure you perform hand hygiene using soap and water or hand sanitiser regularly throughout the day and before and after providing any personal care. This is a key measure in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- assist the person you support with hand hygiene regularly particularly before and after meals and after toileting.
- cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with disposable tissues and dispose of them in the nearest waste bin after use. If you have no tissues to hand, you should cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow. Wash hands with soap and water afterwards.
- provide the person you support with tissues to catch coughs and sneezes.
- follow this general advice and physical distancing advice on NHS inform.
- you should plan ahead for any situation in which you may not be able to provide support for your employer.
- your local independent support organisation may be able to assist with emergency planning. Find a list of support organisations in the further support section.
Information on PPE
Physical distancing, hand washing and respiratory hygiene, are the most important and effective measures we can all adopt to prevent the spread of coronavirus. And not attending work, self-isolating if symptomatic or test positive or Test & Trace have made contact with you.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback