- 1 Feb 2021
The island equivalent payment recognised that while islands faced a lower level of restrictions, there were significant impacts on many island businesses.
For eligible businesses, this fund brought the support available to them in line with similar businesses subject to Level 4 restrictions on the mainland, for January and beyond.
This fund was available in Orkney, Shetland and Comhairle nan-Eilean Siar, and islands in Highland and Argyll and Bute.
Island businesses that met the eligibility criteria for Level 4 Strategic Framework Business Fund, and further met the eligibility criteria for the Hospitality, Retail and Leisure One-Off Top Up Payment.
What you received
From January, grants were available on the same basis as offered through the Strategic Framework Business Fund to eligible mainland businesses while in Level 4, as well as the hospitality, retail and leisure top up payment. Payments were subject to the same terms and conditions as the Strategic Framework Business Fund.
A temporary closure grant every four weeks, of one of the following:
- £2,000 if your business premises had a rateable value of up to and including £51,000
- £3,000 if your business premises had a rateable value of £51,001 or above
Eligible retail and leisure businesses received :
- a one-off grant of £9,000 for relevant businesses with a rateable value of £51,001 or more
- a one-off grant of £6,000 for relevant businesses with a rateable value of up to and including £51,000
Hospitality businesses* received:
- a one-off grant of £25,000 for premises with a rateable value of £51,001 or more
- a one-off grant of £6,000 for premises with a rateable value of up to and including £51,000
* Restaurants, bars, pubs, licensed social and sports clubs, cafes and hotels were in scope for the hospitality top up payment.
How to apply
You were able to apply through your local authority website.
DEADLINE: to be considered for the Hospitality, Retail and Leisure Top Up Payment you had to meet the eligibility criteria and apply for or be receiving the Strategic Framework Business Fund. The deadline for new applications with the top-up was 22 February 2021.
The Strategic Framework Business Fund continued to provide 4-weekly payments up until the end of March 2021.