This guidance is to assist local authorities in supporting individuals, at risk as a result of coronavirus, to access food and other essentials utilising the additional resource announced on 16 June 2020.
Grant offer letters have been issued to local authorities that detail the funding allocation available and conditions for delivery and reporting.
This guidance provides:
- background, including the likely needs faced
- details of the households and individuals who are likely to be at risk, including partners who will work with local authorities
- guiding principles to support local thinking on how resources can be targeted and deployed
- approaches to supporting individuals at risk based on learning from March to June
- the tools available to support local authorities, including business offerings and volunteer deployment
Annexes give further detail on public health advice and additional signposting resources.