This guidance extends until further notice. It sets out current advice and guidance for the close contact sector in helping to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19, and how businesses respond to local or national changes as set out in Scotland’s Strategic Framework Update and as we move in a phased manner as set out in the Coronavirus (COVID-19): framework for decision making – Scotland’s route map through and out of the crisis.
This guidance will be updated and reviewed as required in consultation with the sector’s employers and unions. Please ensure you use the latest version.
It is for individual businesses in conjunction with trade unions and workforce representatives selected by employees to decide how best to successfully adopt and adapt guidance for their individual circumstances.
- Summary of COVID-19 developments in Scotland
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): framework for decision making
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): framework for decision making – Scotland’s route map through and out of the crisis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Strategic Framework update
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): business and physical distancing guidance
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test and Protect: multi-sector guidance on collection of customer and visitor contact details
- Further guidance on physical distancing can be found on NHS inform.
- Advice on substantive support packages available for business and their employees
- Guidance on childcare and for key workers
- COVID-19 information and guidance for general (non-healthcare) settings
- A list of Scottish Procurement Policy Notes (SPPNs) can be found on gov.scot.
- SPPN 4/2020 covers procurement related issues as a consequence of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- SPPN 5/2020 sets out guidance for public bodies on options for payment to their suppliers to ensure service continuity during the current COVID-19 outbreak.
Fair Work during the COVID-19 crisis
Other sources of COVID-19 information
- UK Government guidance on working safely during COVID-19 in different workplaces
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have provided advice related to COVID-19
- Transport Scotland's Transition Plan
- Guidance from the Institute of Building Services Engineers
- Guidance from Federation of European Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Association