This guide is for people who provide close contact retail services.
As close contact services may, by nature, carry an increased risk of transmission, this guidance will help you understand what you need to do to keep your workplace, staff and customers safe during coronavirus.
Examples of close contact services include:
- hairdressing and barber services
- beauty and nail services (including make-up services)
- hair removal services
- tattoo, piercing and body modification services
- fashion design, dress-fitting and tailoring services
- indoor portrait photography and art services
- massage therapies
- complementary and alternative medicine services requiring physical contact or close physical proximity between persons, but not osteopathy and chiropractic services
- spa and wellness services
- other services or procedures which require physical contact or close physical proximity between a provider and a customer and are not ancillary to medical, health, or social care services
We have developed this guidance in consultation with the industry and trade unions and will keep it under review.