The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Requirements) (Scotland) Regulations 2021 came into force on in October 2021. Amendment regulations will come into force at 5am on Monday 6 December.
This guide explains what you need to do to prove vaccine status or a record of a negative test, guidance for businesses and event organisers is also available.
The Covid certification scheme in Scotland
Covid status certificates are needed to get into the following higher risk settings in Scotland:
- late night premises with music, which serve alcohol at any time between midnight and 5am and have a designated place for dancing for customers
- indoor events (unseated) with 500 or more people
- outdoor events (unseated) with 4,000 or more people
- any event with 10,000 or more people
Unless exempt, everyone attending these settings and events must be able to show they have been fully vaccinated or that they have a record of a negative rapid lateral flow test (LFD) or PCR taken within the previous 24 hours.
- unless exempt, to get into certain late night premises and certain events which meet criteria set out in this guidance, you will have to be prepared to show proof that you have been fully vaccinated or a record that you have tested negative for COVID-19 in the last 24 hours. This is known as the Covid certification scheme
- in settings where Covid certification is required, venues and event organisers will need to ensure there is a reasonable system in place for checking and refusing access to (or removing from) the premises anyone found by those checks not to be permitted to be on the premises
- to qualify as 'fully vaccinated', you must have completed a course of doses of an authorised vaccine with the final dose having been received at least two weeks previously (this is to ensure that the vaccine has taken effect)
- some people are exempt from the requirements of the scheme (see the section on exemptions later in this guidance)
- from 5am on Monday 6 December, as an alternative to proof of vaccination, the certification scheme will allow you show a record of a negative rapid lateral flow device test (LFD) or PCR test taken within 24 hours of entry to a venue
- if you have been vaccinated you can download the NHS Scotland Covid Status app or you can get a paper record of your vaccine status from NHS Inform