This is advice for unpaid carers who visit or live with a friend or family member to provide help with personal care such as washing or dressing. It covers the situations in which unpaid carers may require personal protective equipment (PPE).
You may be concerned about the risk of COVID19 to you and the person you care for including in situations such as:
- providing personal care for two people in different households;
- providing personal care for someone else and working in a public-facing job; or
- regularly using public transport to travel to their caring role to provide personal care.
The following advice is provided to ensure that you are minimising the risk of spreading the virus when providing personal care
It is split into:
- general advice for all unpaid carers to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
- advice for carers who live in the same household as the person they care for
- advice for carers who do not live in the same household as the person they care for
- information on personal protective equipment (PPE)