- 20 Dec 2017
Compulsory Purchase Orders (CPOs) have been used to enable a range of different infrastructure and development projects to proceed in Scotland in recent years.
These case studies provide details of some of these and highlight key learning points for authorities considering using CPO for a similar project.
- restoration of a listed building in Roseangle, Dundee
- land assembly for demolition and redevelopment at Butterburn Square, Hilltown, Dundee
- road improvement project at Horsely Brae, North Lanarkshire
- housing demolition and regeneration at Johnstone Castle
- public realm improvement in Mill Street, Perth
- housing demolition and area regeneration at multi-storey CPO project, Cumbernauld, North Lanrkshire
- empty, derelict home in Pennelton Place, Bo'ness
- land assembly for area regeneration in Sighthill Regeneration, Glasgow
Telephone: 0131 244 0667
Area 2-F (South)
Planning and Architecture Division
The Scottish Government