About the cloud platform
The cloud platform simplifies access to cloud technologies for the Scottish public sector. It’s designed for:
- the Scottish Government
- Scottish Public Sector organisations
By joining the cloud platform you'll get access to:
- a pay-as-you-go service
- identity and access management
- a service in line with Scottish Government and industry standards
- existing contracts and discounts
The cloud platform team will guide you through onboarding. You'll manage and keep control of your solutions.
You can find more information about cloud.
The benefits of using the cloud platform
By using the cloud platform, you’ll:
- get discounts on cloud usage rates
- not have to do your own procurement for Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- get to use a Scottish Government approved cloud solution
- reuse cloud patterns which follow the Digital Scotland Service Standard
- get pre-configured security features, saving time and money on set up
- get to use the Scottish Government’s identity provider
Meet the needs of your users
You can meet the needs of your users better, because:
- you’ll have fewer software constraints
- the platform can scale to meet your workload needs
Keep your information and data secure
The platform meets the performance and security needs of government and public-facing services. It:
- can support the storage of information up to and including OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE
- allows you to manage your team members’ permissions from an admin interface
- facilitates access to Scottish Government’s Security Operations Centre to share log files
Get support during business hours
A full-time, multidisciplinary team at the Scottish Government build and manage the platform.
The team provides business hours support for live services (Monday to Thursday, 8:30 am to 5 pm, Fridays 8:30 am to 4:30 pm).
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback