You can participate in the scheme and receive subsidy if you:
- are an Active Farmer - see section 14 for more details
- hold Basic Payment Scheme entitlements, either through an original award or having acquired them by transfer - see section 9 for more information
- submit a claim in the form of a Single Application Form ( IACS) aid application
- farm a minimum of three hectares of eligible land
- have one eligible hectare of land for each entitlement
- are involved in agricultural activity
- maintain your land in Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition and meet a number of Statutory Management Requirements covering the environment, food safety, animal and plant health and animal welfare (Cross Compliance)
- undertake agricultural practices beneficial for the climate and the environment - commonly known as 'Greening' (this is a compulsory part of Direct Payments and you could lose your right to payments if you fail to comply)
- keep comprehensive, accurate, and up-to-date records.
We may inspect your holding to verify your claim and it is a condition of receiving subsidy that you co-operate with any inspection.