- 24 Jan 2019
Barclay Implementation Advisory Group meeting: June 2018
Attendees and apologies
Implementation group members attendees or representatives
- Ian Storrie, Scottish Government (Chair)
- Kevin Fraser, IRRV
- Jonathan Sharma, CoSLA
- Alan Puckrin, CoSLA
- Stuart Mackinnon, FSB
- Graeme McLean, Scotmid
- Ken McCormack, Montague-Evans
- Ian Milton, SAA
- Graeme Strachan, SAA
- Brian Rogan, CBRE
- Moira Walker, Walker Rating
- Mari Tunby, CBI Scotland
- Jim Mcafferty, IRRV
Also in attendance
- Alan Bronte, LPS NI
- Jim Lennon, LPS NI
- Marianne Barker, Scottish Government
- James Messis, Scottish Government
- Reme Diaz, Scottish Government
- Philip Duffy, Scottish Government
- Claire Lumsdaine, Scottish Government
- Rosemary Greenhill, Scottish Government
Items and actions
- welcome and introductions
- note of last minute
- non-domestic rates data: presentation from Alan Bronte and Jim Lennon from LPS
- NDR Bill consultation
- NDR impact analysis
- date of next meeting
Note of key points made in discussion
- The group heard a presentation from Alan Bronte and Jim Lennon of the Land and Property Services Northern Ireland. The presentation was positively received by the group who asked a number of questions. The Group thanked Alan and Jim for their attendance.
- The group then discussed the consultation paper going through each recommendation requiring primary legislation as set out in the draft of the consultation paper.
- The group discussed each recommendation individually with particular focus on recommendation 5b.
- The group discussed the contents of the impact assessment and enquired about additional costs.
- The group was reminded of the Monday 25 June 2018 publication date.
- The group members agreed to raise awareness of the consultation and circulate to relevant stakeholders.
- The group agreed to reconvene in August and again in September following the conclusion of the consultation.