Annex B: Local Authority Profile and guidance for completion
See supporting documents to download and complete this form.
1. The purpose of completing a profile annually is:
- To provide a simple overview of the pattern of work expected during the year based on the number and types of premises in the authority's area; and
- To highlight changes from previous years.
2. Each local authority is required to complete a profile and to submit it to their VL to support their Service Plan.
Specific guidance on completing the Profile
Question 1: Staffing
3. The total number of animal health delivery staff (both headcount and FTE). This should include the time of management staff in preparation of Service Plans and data monitoring etc. In instances where Official Food and Feed Control work is routinely undertaken at the same time as a risk assessment or other Framework related visit, the FTE should proportionately reflect this.
Question 3 (a): CCAs with defined work patterns
4. For those premises with complicated operating patterns, it is recommended that you provide additional information about the operating pattern of your markets and assembly centres. If this is the case, please supply the total number of operating days per year on the profile template, and provide more information in a separate document on the individual premises involved.
5. Similarly, you may need to provide additional information about the throughput of your slaughterhouses. If this is the case, please supply the total throughput per year on the profile template, and provide more information in a separate document on the individual premises involved (See glossary for definitions of throughput).
6. It is appreciated that you may not be aware of one-off events at the time you provide your profile to the VL. However, you may have some awareness of local intentions.
Question 3 (b): CCAs without defined work patterns
7. Ports include seaports, marinas (sea) and airports (national and international).
8. It is appreciated that this information may change throughout the year but the profile should be based on the date upon which it is completed.
Question 4: Risk assessed premises
9. Risk assessment should be based on the scheme provided in Section 4 of the Framework or other comparable risk assessment scheme e.g. the original LACORS scheme.
10. The number of high risk premises shown here should include all CCAs (Livestock Markets, Sales, and Assembly Centres, Slaughterhouses, High Risk Traders, Ports and High Risk Farms) in the local authority area.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback