1. Recipe for Success – Scotland's National Food and Drink Policy: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2009/06/25133322/0
3. Permission to publish responses was given by 217 respondents – these responses can be viewed on the Scottish Government's consultation hub: https://consult.gov.scot/
4. It should be noted that the 5-point 'agree / disagree' scale offered at the tick-box part of Question 10 is not entirely appropriate for a question starting 'Do you think…'. In this context, 'agree / disagree' has been interpreted to mean 'yes / no'. As with other questions, the emphasis of the analysis is on the comments, rather than the tick-box responses.
5. In making these comments, some respondents may not have fully appreciated that the guidance under consultation was to assist local authorities in complying with their duties under the Act.
6. Recipe for Success – Scotland's National Food and Drink Policy: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2009/06/25133322/0
7. The online consultation questionnaire included two evaluation questions, asking for views on the consultation process and on the online consultation platform. The responses to these two questions have been analysed in full and submitted to the Scottish Government.