ADOPTION POLICY REVIEW GROUP -REPORT PHASE I
WORK OF THE SUB-GROUP ON THE PROVISION OF POST ADOPTION SUPPORT SERVICES FOR FAMILIES
Chapter 3 is based on the work of the Ministerial Adoption Policy Review Group established in May 2001 and its sub-group set up to examine post adoption support services. The work of the subgroup included:
- Consultation through BAAF via their Scottish Committee with representatives from half the local authorities in Scotland.
- Specific consultation with Barnardo's Scottish Adoption Advice Service staff, based in Glasgow and offering post-adoption support to all parties in adoption in a wide-ranging geographical area.
- Review of comments from consultation meetings with support groups for adopted people, birth parents and adopters linked with Barnardo's Scottish Adoption Advice Service.
- Comments particularly from adopters on the range and quality of post-adoption services available to them obtained through the Post-Placement Support Project run by BAAF, through which a questionnaire was circulated to adoptive families, as well as pilot services of consultation, information and support offered.
- Comments from the Lothian Adopters Group via the Scottish Adoption Agency.
- Parker (ed) (1999) Adoption Now: Messages from Research, London, Wiley which collates and analyses current research
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback