- 9 May 2021
Attendees and apologies
- Jan Savage, Chair, ENABLE Scotland
- Jennifer King, Association of Directors of Education in Scotland
- Bernadette Casey, Association of Headteachers and Deputes in Scotland
- Sylvia Haughney, UNISON
- John Urquhart, Convention of Scottish Local Authorities
- Eddie Folan, Convention of Scottish Local Authorities
- Sally Cavers, Children in Scotland
- Euan Alexander, Grant Aided Special Schools
- Cheryl Burnett, National Parent Forum of Scotland
- Andrea Bradley, Educational Institute of Scotland
- Lynne Binnie, Association of Scottish Principle Educational Psychologists (ASPEP)
- Pauline Beirne, Scottish Government
- Mel Lowe, Scottish Government
- Laura Meikle, Scottish Government
- Kevin Barr, Secretariat, Scottish Government
- Leigh Meechan, Educational Institute of Scotland
Items and actions
The Covid Education Recovery Group remitted to Additional Support for Learning Implementation Group a wide range of issues raised in a letter from over 140 staff who support children & young people with complex additional support needs for consideration.
Action: ASLIG agreed that supplementary guidance which addresses key issues and concerns, safety measures and mitigations to support children and young people with complex additional support needs and staff supporting them was needed and would be welcome.
Action: The guidance will be developed for children and young people with complex additional support needs in mainstream schools, units and special schools.
Action: The guidance will support implementation at a local level.
Action: The key areas covered will be: vulnerable children and young people; risk assessment; visiting professionals; transport; health and safety covering physical distancing; face coverings and PPE; cleaning and remote learning.