Policy actions  2 of 4

Housing support services

Housing support services can help people to live as independently as possible in the community. These services can be provided in individuals' homes, or in temporary accommodation such as hostels for homeless people.

Registered housing support services are regulated by the Care Inspectorate using the 2009 National Care Standards for Housing Support services.

These services are mainly provided by councils, housing associations and voluntary sector organisations, while Scottish Government is responsible for overall policy.