Supporting the food and drink industry
We want Scotland's food and drink industry to continue growing and bringing benefits to Scotland including jobs, wealth and international renown.
We are supporting the growth of the food and drink industry by:
- working with industry leadership group Scotland Food and Drink to develop the next industry-led food and drink growth strategy for Scotland
- partnering with the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund to fund the Connect Local food marketing advisory service (tender valued at £3 million over four years)
- offering grants through the Food Processing Marketing and Co-operation (FPMC) grant scheme
- setting up the Scottish Seafood Partnership (SSP) to drive forward improvement in the seafood sector
- funding the Scotland Food and Drink partnership export plan delivered by Scottish Development International (contributing a combined £4 million over 2014-18)
- funding the Dairy Hub to provide free advice to dairy farmers (£50,000 committed for 2017)
- delivering the Beef Efficiency Scheme to make beef production more sustainable
- processing applications under the EU Protected Food Name Scheme for the protection of food names on a geographical or traditional recipe basis. Food or drink products which are designated under the scheme are given legal protection against imitation throughout the EU.