The Scottish Government has committed to developing a new Hate Crime Strategy, for publication later in 2022. The new strategy will set out our key priorities for tackling hatred and prejudice in Scotland and will also support implementation of the Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Act 2021.
To help to inform the Strategy, we have convened the Ministerial-led Hate Crime Strategic Partnership Group (SPG). The group ensures a multi-agency and collaborative approach, with organisations from the third-sector representing the characteristics protected under the Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Act, as well as justice partners, and public bodies. The group will guide how we successfully tackle hatred and prejudice in Scotland, and is chaired by the Minister for Equalities and Older people, Christina McKelvie MSP.
The partnership group meets regularly and also carries out work between meetings.
- Age Scotland
- Black and Ethnic Minority Infrastructure in Scotland (BEMIS)
- Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA)
- Council of Ethnic Minority Voluntary Organisations (CEMVO)
- Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS)
- Education Scotland
- Equality and Human Rights Commission (observer)
- Equality Network
- Glasgow Disability Alliance
- Interfaith Scotland
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Human Rights Commission (observer)
- YouthLink Scotland
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback