National Strategic Group for Sport and Physical Activity
Role of the group
The National Strategic Group for Sport and Physical Activity (NSG) was established in September 2013 to provide an overview of the challenges and opportunites in getting Scotland more active.
Chaired by the Minister for Public Health and Sport, it brings together leaders in the sport and physical activity sector.
The initial phase of the NSG's work culminated in the publicaton of the Active Scotland Outcomes Framework.
The NSG now meets quarterly to focus on the actions needed to achieve these outcomes.
- Scottish Government Health Directorates
- Chief Medical Officer
- Scottish Natural Heritage
- Scottish Sport Association
- NHS Health Scotland
- Edinburgh University (representing the academic community)
- Education Scotland
- Transport Scotland
- Equality and Human Rights Commission