The National Islands Plan Delivery Group supports implementation of the National Islands Plan. It ensures that work is driven forward in a truly collaborative way that involves island communities.
The Group stems from Strategic Objective 13 of the National Islands Plan. It also stems from the Scottish Government’s commitment to establish a group to closely monitor the delivery of the Plan and the accompanying Implementation Route Map (PDF).
The group meets regularly to examine progress and help to identify critical priorities in order to work towards meeting the commitments within the National Islands Plan.
In particular the group will:
- look specifically at key areas for action within the Plan and the Implementation Route Map, making recommendations on how to progress these.
- inform the Islands Team’s key work streams
- share experiences of successful projects across island communities to help shape future policy development
- Consider the results of the National Islands Plan survey and its impacts on the implementation of the National Islands Plan
After each meeting, the National Islands Plan Delivery Group feedsback to the Islands Strategic Group.
- Erica Clarkson, Scottish Government, Head of Islands Team
- Nicola Crook, Scottish Government, National Islands Plan Lead
- Audrey Martin, Argyll and Bute Council, Transformation Projects and Regeneration Manager
- Linda Cunningham, Comhairle nan Eilean Siar, Corporate Policy Officer
- Angus Macleod, Highland Council, Policy Officer
- Sarah Baird, North Ayrshire Council, Senior Officer (Islands)
- Anna Whelan, Orkney Islands Council, Strategy Manager
- Peter Peterson, Shetland Islands Council, Executive Manager
- Mairi MacInnes, Bòrd na Gàidhlig, Chair
- Angus Campbell, Ferries Community Board, Chair
- Robert Nicol, COSLA, Environment and Economy Chief Officer
- Sandy Brunton, Development Trusts Association Scotland, Chair
- David Richardson, Federation of Small Businesses, Highlands and Islands Development Manager
- Douglas Cowan, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Communities and Place Director
- Hilary Stubbs, Mobility and Access Committee for Scotland, Vice Convenor
- Francesco Sindico, Strathclyde Centre for Environmental Law and Governance, Co-Director (currently seconded to SG Islands Team)
- Diarmaid Lawlor, Scottish Futures Trust, Associate Director
- Camille Dressler, Scottish Islands Federation, Chair
- Donna Heddle, University of the Highlands and Islands, Head of Research, Environment and Culture
- Young Islanders Network representatives
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback