National Expert Group on Digital Ethics
The Digital Ethics Expert Group, which will run until Summer 2021, will gather evidence to develop underlying principles to guide how technologies are designed and provide baseline principles people should expect all digital products and services to deliver. In addition to technologists the Expert Group will draw on expertise from the social sciences, creative and media, philosophy and the law.
The Expert Group will be complemented by engagement with the public through four online mini-public sessions with a representative group of around 30 people which will run until Spring 2021.
For more information see the terms of reference.
- Dr Claudia Pagliari – Chair, Senior lecturer and researcher, Usher Institute, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Oliver Escobar – Senior lecturer in Public Policy, University of Edinburgh
- Rowenna Fielding – Head of Individual Rights and Ethics, Protecture
- Dr William Huber – Centre Director, Head of Centre of Excellence, School of Design and Informatics, University of Abertay
- Dr Katherine O’Keefe – Director of Training and Research, Ethicist, Castlebridge Consulting
- Prof Charles Raab – Professorial Fellow, Politics and International Relations, University of Edinburgh
- Prof Burkhard Schafer, Professor of Computational Legal Theory, University of Edinburgh
- Prof Chris Speed – Chair of Design Informatics, University of Edinburgh
- Dr James Stewart – Lecturer in Science Technology and Innovation Studies, University of Edinburgh
- Prof Shannon Vallor – Baillie Gifford Chair in the Ethics of Data and Artificial Intelligence, University of Edinburgh
- Prof Alan Winfield – Professor of Robot Ethics, University of the West of England