Milk and healthy snack scheme: Operation and Implementation Group
We have established the Implementation and Operation Group to gather learning from the first year of the Scottish Milk and Healthy Snack Scheme. The objective of the Scheme is to improve children’s health and nutrition and to tackle health inequalities. The Group’s role is to ensure that the scheme is meeting its objectives.
The Group was established in September 2021. It will run for the first six months of the scheme. During this initial period it will provide advice and recommendations to Scottish Ministers on the delivery of the Scheme. This will inform year two of the Scheme which starts in August 2022.
We are currently recruiting for members of the Group. We will update the page when we have filled the posts.
We will publish the terms of reference and associated documents such as meeting notes in due course.
- Chair – Scottish Government
- Secretariat – Scottish Government
- one representative from COSLA
- one representative from Scotland Excel
- two representatives from local authorities
- two representatives from child care settings
- two representatives from the dairy sector
- Scottish Government Policy/ Analysis teams (Milk and Snack Scheme / ELC)