Detect Cancer Early Programme Board
Established in 2012, the DCE (Detect Cancer Early) Programme Board is a multi-disciplinary group with representatives from primary care, cancer networks, Scottish Cancer Coalition, clinical leads, ISD Scotland and Government officials.
The Board is responsible for advising on the expansion of the DCE Programme and monitoring ongoing projects with the aim of increasing the proportion of stage one cancers diagnosed in Scotland.
The group is chaired by NHS Forth Valley's Chief Executive Cathie Cowan, and meets quarterly. View minutes prior to 2018 in the archive.
- Chair: Cathie Cowan, Chief Executive, NHS Forth Valley
- Roger Black, Head of Services, ISD Scotland
- Mr Sami Shimi, Lead Cancer Clinician, North of Scotland Cancer Network (NoSCAN)
- Dr Hugh Brown, Chair of Scottish Primary Care Cancer Group
- Kate Macdonald, Network Manager, South East Scotland Cancer Network (SCAN)
- Mr James Mander, Lead Cancer Clinician, South East Scotland Cancer Network (SCAN)
- Mr Seamus Teahan, Lead Cancer Clinician, West of Scotland Cancer Network (WoSCAN)
- Louise Wilson, Director of Public Health, NHS Orkney
- Lorraine Cowie, Strategic Manager for Cancer and Palliative Care, North of Scotland Cancer Network (NoSCAN)
- Dr David Morrison, Director, Scottish Cancer Registry
- Professor Anne Watson, Assistant Director of Pharmacy at NHS Education for Scotland (NES)
- Claire Donaghy, Head of Scotland, Bowel Cancer UK (Scottish Cancer Coalition representative)
- Gary Hecht, Principal Information Analyst, ISD Scotland
- Natalia Calanzani, PhD student, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Valerie Doherty, DCE Clinical Lead, Cancer Access Team (Scottish Government)
- Nicola Barnstaple, DCE Programme Director, Cancer Access Team (Scottish Government)
- Diane Primrose, DCE Programme Manager, Cancer Access Team (Scottish Government)
- Jan Young, Senior Assistant Statistician, Cancer Access Team (Scottish Government)
- Gail Lyall, DCE Marketing Manager, Healthier Marketing (Scottish Government)
- Sarah Dillon, Screening Policy Manager, Scottish Government