Children's rights working group
This short-life working group was convened in June 2019 to inform the development of a model that incorporates the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) into domestic law in Scotland.
The group uses the 'Incorporating the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child into Scots Law consultation' as a key framework for its work. The consultation ran from 22 May to 28 August 2019, and the responses will be published in September 2019.
The group is scheduled to hold seven meetings. Minutes from the meetings will be added at the bottom of this page.
- Michael Chalmers, Director of Children and Families, Scottish Government (Chair)
- Dr Katie Boyle, Associate Professor in International Human Rights Law, University of Stirling
- Lynda Brabender QC, Westwater Advocates
- Michael Clancy OBE, Director, Law Reform, The Law Society of Scotland
- Nicola Dickie, Chief Officer, Children and Young People, COSLA
- David Duncan, Chief Superintendent, Head of Safer Communities, Police Scotland
- Juliet Harris, Director, Together Scotland
- Mairi Macpherson, Deputy Director, Creating Positive Futures, Scottish Government
- Dr Kenneth Meechan, Chair of FOI, Data Protection and Human Rights, SOLAR
- Dragan Nastic, Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor, UNICEF
- Prof Aoife Nolan, Professor of International Human Rights Law, University of Nottingham
- Laura Pasternak, Policy and Public Affairs Manager, Scottish Youth Parliament
- Lucinda Rivers, Head of UNICEF UK in Scotland
- Douglas Ross QC, Ampersand Advocates
- Hannah Ross, Policy Assistant, COSLA
- Norma Shippin, Director of Central Legal Office and legal adviser
- Clare Simpson, Manager, Parenting Across Scotland
- Suki Wan, Scottish Youth Parliament