Children (Equal Protection From Assault) (Scotland) Bill implementation group
The Children (Equal Protection from Assault) (Scotland) Member's Bill was introduced to the Scottish Parliament in September 2018.
This group has been set up to identify actions needed if the proposals in the bill are approved by Parliament.
It will advise on:
- how best to raise awareness of any new legislation
- how services will respond to incidents of physical punishment
- whether guide is needed for the public on reporting incidents
- whether additional parenting support is needed and how this could be provided
- how the impact of the legislation could be monitored
The group is also considering who should carry out any implementation tasks as well as associated costs and timescales.
Membership bodies are:
- Scottish Government (Chair)
- Children and Young People’s Commissioner Scotland
- Children 1st
- Convention of Scottish Local Authorities
- Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
- Parenting Across Scotland
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Children’s Reporters Administration
- Social Work Scotland