All covid rules and restrictions have been lifted in Scotland, but the virus has not gone away.
We all need to keep playing our part to protect ourselves and others. You can do this by:
- getting your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- staying at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- opening windows when socialising indoors
- wearing a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- washing your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.
Information and support
Cases in Scotland
The daily COVID-19 data is now available on Public Health Scotland's COVID-19 Daily Dashboard.
Testing and staying at home (previously self-isolating)
Free COVID-19 testing has now ended for most people in Scotland with and without symptoms.
Testing is only available for specific groups to protect high risk settings, support clinical care and for surveillance.
You can order tests if you are:
- visiting a hospital or care home
- an unpaid carer
- eligible for covid treatments
- applying for the self-isolation support grant
If you are a health and care worker you will continue to access lateral flow testing through your workplace.
Staying at home (previously self-isolating)
If you have symptoms of a respiratory infection or have a fever and don’t feel well enough to go to work or carry out normal activities, stay at home and avoid contact with others. This replaces the previous self-isolation guidance.
Travel to Scotland/travelling abroad
Travelling to Scotland
No COVID-19 travel rules apply for entering Scotland. Travel rules for people arriving from abroad ended in March 2022.
If you’re visiting Scotland from another country, you should check your own government’s advice about travelling home after visiting Scotland.
Other countries may still have travel rules in place. If you live in Scotland, you should check foreign travel advice on GOV.UK for every country you plan to visit.
Proof of vaccination (COVID status)
If you need to prove which vaccinations you’ve had when you arrive in another country, you can normally use your NHS Scotland COVID Status app to do this.
Find out how to access or update your covid status at the NHS Inform website.
All covid rules and restrictions have been lifted in Scotland but there are still things you can do to protect yourself and others.
Read more: staying safe and protecting others.
Distance Aware scheme
A Distance Aware badge or lanyard shows that someone needs more space or care. Find out how to get a Distance Aware badge or lanyard.
Highest Risk List
The Highest Risk List – formerly known as the Shielding List - ended on 31 May 2022, as a result of the success of the vaccination programme and the introduction of new treatments for COVID-19.
Find out about the vaccine, including the booster vaccinations, on the NHS Inform vaccine site.
Workplaces and organisations
People managing workplaces and running organisations can take steps to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 to create a safer environment for all.
Read safer workplaces and organisations guidance.
Schools, universities, education and childcare
The Covid recovery strategy helps those who have been most affected by the pandemic, where the unequal impacts have worsened pre-existing inequalities. It will bolster the actions in the:
- NHS recovery plan - sets out commitments that will support recovery over the next five years, supported by the implementation of improvements and new models of care
- Education recovery plan – sets out action taken to address the impacts on children and young people, and the next steps to support learners
- Justice recovery plan - published March 2021 - leading to increased criminal court capacity, alongside mitigating measures already introduced during the pandemic. We will publish a new justice strategy reflecting the focus on recovery
All COVID-19 advice and guidance
Current threat level: medium - find out more about the threat level framework
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback