Mairi Gougeon was appointed Minister for Public Health and Sport in December 2020.
Supports the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Sport.
Specific responsibilities are:
- COVID-19 testing programme
- Health improvement
- Public health and healthy working lives
- Physical activity, sport, sporting events and events legacy
- Problem alcohol use and recovery
- Care Inspectorate
- Child and maternal health (excluding mental health)
- Health protection
- Person-centred care
- Self-directed support
- Sexual health
Mairi Gougeon was previously a councillor for Brechin and Edzell, during which she was chairwoman of the East of Scotland European Consortium.
She is a history graduate from the University of Aberdeen.
Mairi was elected as the MSP for Angus North and Mearns in May 2016.