Minister for Small Business, Innovation and Trade
Richard Lochhead was appointed Minister for Small Business, Innovation and Trade in March 2023.
Supports the Cabinet Secretary for Wellbeing Economy, Fair Work, and Energy.
Specific responsibilities are:
- tourism and hospitality
- aerospace Industries
- life sciences
- financial services and FinTech
- space sector
- Subsidy Control Regime (formerly known as State Aid)
- enterprise, Innovation and increasing productivity
- scientific engagement and advice
- digital economy and strategy
- connectivity (including100% broadband and Connecting Scotland)
- Scottish green ports
- trade and inward investment
- global capital Investment
- trade policy and Fair Trade
- four day working week
Richard Lochhead has represented the Moray Constituency in the Scottish Parliament since 2006. Prior to that, Mr Lochhead represented North East Scotland from 1999 to 2006.
He attended Williamwood High School in Clarkston and Central College of Commerce in Glasgow, before graduating in Political Studies from the University of Stirling. Immediately prior to his election, he worked as an economic development officer for Dundee City Council.
Mr Lochhead previously served as Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs, Food and the Environment between 2007 and 2016.
- read more about Richard Lochhead on the Scottish Parliament website
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback