Ben Macpherson is Minister for Public Finance and Migration.
Supports the Cabinet Secretary for Finance.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Migration policy
- Cross-Govt co-ordination of Wellbeing policies
- Climate Emergency Finance
- Non Domestic Rates
- Managing the public finances
- Scottish budget, budgetary monitoring and reporting
- Spring and Budget Revisions
- Outturn Statement
- Local Government Finance
- Fiscal policy and taxation
- Devolved Taxes apart from Income and ADT
- Public sector pensions
- Efficient Government
- Registers of Scotland
He is a qualified solicitor and has worked in a number of roles in the private, public and third sectors, including as a commercial lawyer. His previous employment also includes working in the renewable energy sector, a school, hospitality, financial services and for an NGO.
He studied at both the University of Edinburgh and the University of York.
Ben, who is from Edinburgh, was elected as MSP for Edinburgh Northern and Leith in May 2016.