Richard Lochhead was appointed Minister for Just Transition, Employment and Fair Work in May 2021.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Just Transition planning and delivery, including the work of the Just Transition Commission
- co-ordination of Sectoral Just Transition plans and monitoring framework
- long-term labour market strategy, the living wage
- Fair Work
- employability programmes
- women's employment
- cities investment and strategy
- green growth accelerator
- inclusive growth
- trade unions
- green skills/jobs for the future
- low-carbon economy
Richard Lochhead MSP was elected to the Scottish Parliament in 1999 and 2003 via the North East regional list. During the second session of Parliament he stood down from his regional seat and was elected as constituency MSP for Moray in the by-election in April 2006.
Mr Lochhead lives with his wife Fiona and sons Angus and Fraser. In his spare time he is a keen cyclist.
He was previously the Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs, Food and Environment and Minister for Further Education, Higher Education and Science.